Global Mediacom is the largest and the only integrated media, broadcasting, entertainment and telecommunication group in Indonesia with operations that encompass content production, content distribution, television and radio broadcasting, newspaper, magazine, tabloids, telecommunication operator, mobile content aggregrator, value added services provider, and IT system integrator.
In addition, the Group also holds a portfolio of investments that can be converted into financial resources for immediate and future expansions.
The Company was established on June 30, 1981 and operated in the General Trading sector. In line with the business opportunities at that time, the Company had ownerships in the several business lines consisting of Media & Broadcasting, Telecommunications & IT, Hotels & Properties, Chemical, Infrastructure and Transportation.
The Company conducted an Initial Public Offering (IPO) for a total of 200.000.000 shares at a nominal value of Rp500 per share and offered at the price of Rp1.250 per share. The Listing Statement in the Jakarta Stock Exchange (JSX) and in the Surabaya Stock Exchange (SSX) became effective on July 17, 1995. As a public company, it has conducted a series of internal consolidations, restructuring schemes, repositioning, corporate restructuring and divestments of non-core assets.
In 2007, to strengthen its image as the largest and the most integrated media company, the Company changed its registered name and logo to become PT Global Mediacom Tbk which is more in line with the Company’s core businesses.
Aside from Content and Advertising based Media, the Company has also focused on Subscriber -based Media as well as Media Support & Infrastructure. The Company acquired PT MNC Sky Vision or popularly known as Indovision, that is engaged as a pay-TV operator PT MNC Sky Vision became a subsidiary of the Company in the Subscriber based Media.
In line with the Company’s strategy to focus on the media, the Company has disposed all shares of the Company’s ownership in PT Mobile-8 Telecom Tbk.
• Through PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk (“MNC”), the Company strengthened the program offered by Linktone Ltd (“Linktone”) especially in PC Games On-line and Mobile Games by acquiring Letang Game Ltd through PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk.
• PT Media Nusantara Citra Tbk (“MNC”) together with Linktone Ltd Group (“Linktone”) completed the acquisition for 75% of the ordinary shares in the share capital of InnoForm Media Pte Ltd ("InnoForm"). MNC was apportioned with 25% shareholding while Linktone was assigned with 50% shareholding, each executed through its wholly owned subsidiary located in UAE.
• Building corporation with Rakuten, a leading Internet company in Japan establishing a joint venture company that builds the No. 1 on-line shop in Indonesia under the brand "Rakuten Belanja Online".
• MNC Group raised its ownership at PT MNC Sky Vision to 75.54%.
• Supreme Court rejected the appeal for a judicial review by Crown Capital Global Limited (“CCGL”). The decision has reaffirmed the Supreme Court’s ruling on December 15, 2009 to nullify the decision made by the Commercial Court concerning the bankruptcy of TPI. The appeal for a judicial review to the Supreme Court was the final legal avenue for CCGL to claim bankruptcy against TPI. The Supreme Court’s ruling has ended any future attempt by CCGL to file for the same legal proceedings against TPI.
• MNC Sky Vision has become a guarantor of a bond issued by Aerospace Satellite Corporation Holding B.V.
• Launching a mention of PT Global Mediacom Tbk as "MNC Group" in order to reflect the biggest and comprehensive media group in Indonesia with the aim to enhance the added value for the Company.